FAST AND PRECISE LIQUID APPLICATION AND SWITCHING OF ULTRA-LOW VOLUMES.
B’SYS presents its latest electronic and microfluidic developments to broaden its existing array of liquid handling platforms for manual patch-clamp recordings.
Having analyzed the shortcomings of traditional and novel commercially available compound application systems for rapid and timely precise application of dosing solutions to the patch-clamped cell, B’SYS has developed its proprietary dosing system consisting of a highly repeatable and highly resolved pressure/flow controller and a microfluidic application system that allows for:
- Conducting electrophysiology studies consuming very low volumes of reagents and test solutions
- Tests with antibodies or natural compounds with limited availability
- Ultra-low volume application (flow rates ranging from 500 picolitres per second to – 1.6 microlitres per second)
- Closed loop flow/pressure and optical and electrophysiology feedback - controlled application of ultra-low volumes to the recording chamber
- Precise gating of compound solutions with short onset- and offset rates, respectively
- Contamination-free application and removal of test solutions to keep recording chambers clean
- Working in laminar flow conditions
- For special requirements jet-modes or high frequency applications are available (water-water in open bath, air-liquid, air-solid, 2 pL per pulse).
- Ease of setup and working with various flow and pressure setups and the selection of suitable application nozzles
Contact our team to learn more about fast and precise applications of rare compounds and test solutions.